National Ball Hockey Association of Canada Update To Coronavirus (COVID-19)
May 20, 2020
The National Ball Hockey Association of Canada and its members are working on a plan to Return to Ball Hockey and have created a step by step implementation in collaboration and direction from the various provincial governments, public health authorities and municipal departments.
As per many of the provincial health department updates, the National Ball Hockey Association of Canada has extended the emergency response to June 30, 2020.
The NBHAC will, however, continue to monitor and assess the situation as well as the recommendations of Provincial Health Units and with the actions of the Municipal Facility operators in curtailing or cancelling operations at the community centres and arenas.
When Canada is ready, the National Ball Hockey Association of Canada will be ready to return and will continue to follow the guidelines set by the respective provincial governments and public health authorities as well as implement our step by step return to play with the municipal departments.
At present, each province is returning to ‘the new normal’ at different stages and plans. The return of ball hockey will be done in the same manner due to the provincial health authorities. The association has created the following set of procedures and policies to return to ball hockey.
1. Leagues within each Province must follow their Provincial Health Authority and Provincial Association re-start plan
2. Each League must have a re-start plan that aligns with their Provincial Public Health Authority policy for restarting as well as implement the step by step procedures set forth by the NBHAC
3. The NBHAC will have to agree to the sanctioning any ball hockey activity, game or event in the country
4. Leagues that do not follow the first three steps will not have any insurance protection for their activities
5. Leagues that do not follow the steps set forth by the Provincial Health Authority and NBHAC to return to play will face sanctions by the NBHAC
To our Members, Executives, Officials, Volunteers and spectators across Canada, we thank you for your patience and will see you around the rink, gymnasium, street hockey event as soon as it is possible.
We will continue to provide information and updates as information becomes available.
Thank you for keeping everyone healthy
Board of Directors
National Ball Hockey Association of Canada